The joy of many parents is to see their children grow into skilled and smart individuals. The methods and strategies used in the upbringing of the kids are necessary for their success in the future. As a parent, it is important for you to understand that the development of each child may differ from one another. This is why you may see that your kid is more advanced compared to the other children, or vice versa.
There are many factors that you need to know if you want to understand the process of child development. Being aware of what affects the progress of child development is essential so that you will have an idea on how to speed it up. Here are some of the factors to consider:
- Nutrition. The food intake of your child can have a significant effect on how he develops his skills. Because of this, it is highly recommended to focus on providing good nutrients to the meals of your kid. Make sure to give them the right vitamins that can help them improve in different aspects. Conversely, try to avoid feeding them with unhealthy food. Malnourishment can lead to mental retardation, especially when there is a lack of Iron, Folic Acid or Vitamin B12.
- Environment. This simply refers to the area where your child is exposed every single day. Take note that everything and everyone around the kid can influence his mental health. For example, if he is living in an area that has so many pollutants, then expect him to have some developmental delay. Even pesticides used in your garden can result in the deterioration of the growth of the child or his motor skills. As such, it is significant to create a healthier home environment for your little one.
- Genetics. Remember the fact that your son or daughter inherits some of your physical characteristics through genes. This is where your understanding of dominant and resistive genes comes into play. If you are tall and your child has your dominant gene, then the logical conclusion is that he may also become tall.
- Parenting. Keep in mind that way you treat your child affects his development. The love and care that he receives from you will help a lot for his growth. A recent study reveals that children who do not receive sufficient care from their parents tend to become more aloof. As such, they tend to have problems in the aspect of mental health.
- Pregnancy. The period where you carried the child in your womb is also one of the factors that can affect his development. Some delays in the child growth may be traced back to the pregnancy of the mother. It could be that during this time, the mother has experienced stress, depression or other unhealthy emotions. The period of pregnancy is also very crucial in the health and nutrition of the baby.
If you are having some issues with child development, try to check the factors mentioned above and measure how these have affected your kid.